Friday 24 October 2014

DIY bag and room decor.

Friday night antics. 

Fridays. For me, there's no middle ground - I'm either out until 3am or lying in bed in a onesie with a take away ordered by 5:30. Today, it was the latter. So, with nothing better to do than homework, I did what any good student would do and avoid doing any work at all costs. This evening I decided that I would get a little creative.

As a as level student, I find myself laden down with 40,000 files daily (no exaggeration). So I came up with the solution of carrying my files in a separate bag and using a a smaller bag. Obviously being a cool and urban teen that I am (ha ha ha) I opted for a hessian carrier bag - a must have accessory for all of the cool kids. So this evening was dedicated to jazzing-ing up my bag. 

Ok so, to do this little diy you'll need;
-hessian bag
-buttons
-glue
-glue gun 
-fabric
-cup of tea (optional, but preferred)


                               
I started by organising which buttons I wanted, I then decided I wanted bunting across the front of my bag. 
I glued a long strip of gingham ribbon across the top of the bag with a glue stick and hot glued a button either side. 
Next I cut small triangles of the patterned fabric to make the bunting flags and glued them on with a glue stick. 

                                  

For extra pazzaz, I used a hot glue gun to add these peace studs. I just thought they were sweet so decided to add them. 
                                     
                                   
Finally, I used the glue stick and stuck this thick strip of mint green lace along the bottom of the bag. 

                                   
                                                                         Ta-da!


Finally, after my bag was finished and I had devoured my chinese takeaway, I decided to creased this lovely little frame for my bedroom wall:
     
I had to improvise slightly for the lettering, but that just gives it character, or so I'm telling myself. 

So here's a little insight to craziness of my Friday night antics, 

Emma x 




       
                  







3 comments:

  1. Hi :) you have a great blog! I nominated you for the Liebster Award http://withlovejay.blogspot.co.nz/ . Look forward to hearing from you, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you!! I'll check it out!!

    ReplyDelete