Tuesday 2 December 2014

Glitter

The festive season. 

The festive season is upon us- Starbucks have their red cups and the wooly hats are out. Not only does this time of year mean we can indulge in a toffee nut latte, but it also means we can wear glitter. Glitter everything. I mean, by November my daily outfit is approximately 67% glitter. Whether it's on my nails, clothes or eyes, I just cannot get enough. 


(This is a firework from bonfire night that is pretty irrelevant but it's just amazing to look at, I nearly cried) 

I thought I'd share a few of my festive glitter pieces, in the hope that a few fellow glitter lovers will also indulge. 

The first is a glitter midi skirt. £3 from primark, need I say more? I've been wearing it to sixth form, I know it's not the most appropriate choice of clothing but it's knee length so technically no rules are broken. 

Here's a little collective haul that contains three of my all time favourite sparkles. The two dresses are from h&m and are quite possible the bargain of the century. £9.99 each!! They're not quite dress appropriate length on me but I'm sure I can adapt them too be tops. They're amazing and at that price so Ideal for the christmas season. My other love is the mac eye dust set from their new christmas collection. The packaging alone is enough to make me weak at the knees. Glittery goodness. I'm also really appreciating the 17 eyeshadow trio in the shade metallic toffee. It was £3 (ish) and is so creamy and shimmery. It's just delightful. 

Eye glitter is my favourite thing in the whole world (I'm talking on par with cake, that is serious love). Assuming everyone follows glitter and hence eye glitter trends with as much passion as I do, I turn to the stila metallic foil finish eyeshadow. Every glitter lovers must have item for the festive season, but at £31.50 a pot who the hell got time for that?! That's where this AMAZING dupe from make up revolution in super drug. An exact copy of the stila shade kitten and to top it off, it was only £5. Wowza. 


Amazing rose gold colour and it's amazing how similar it is to the real deal. 

Next item on my glitter list: the lush glitter bomb. I spent 2 blissful hours in the bath all because it was glittery. Really it was my idea of paradise. The water felt like silk and I nearly cried and how pretty it is. I would highly recommend, it has a lovely and relaxing floral scent, win win all round Id say. 



I'm slightly distraught that I haven't posted I over a month- sixth form is so much more work than I expected and apparently you actually like have to do it and can't just leave it until 11pm the night before it's due despite my best attempts. I do apologise to anyone who does read my posts. Unless it's just my mam and in which case mother I sincerely apologise. However this apology does spread further for any other readers. 
I hope you enjoyed my short post on glitter and how to introduce it into all aspects of life, 

Emma x 


No comments:

Post a Comment