Tuesday 9 December 2014

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

A bombardment of christmas posts. 

If you've read my last few posts, it's quite clear that in getting into the festive spirit. Fairy lights and excessive candles- it sounds quite similar to my usual room decor however at christmas there's added tinsel and sequins. It's ever so fabulous.
Teddies in Santa hats. Need I say more? 
I made this fabulous little sign last year, I cut the letters out of cardboard and glued the bronze sequins on top. I then stuck it on white paper-mounted cardboard and edged it with lace. It cost absolute tuppence to make and looks amazing. I put it on my window sill with this little embossed glass latern from paperchase and a bronze candle stick holder from wilkinsons. A very simple but festive arrangement if I say so myself. 
My mini tree was £4 from paperchase and I've decorated with battery fairy lights and teeny tiny baubles. I went for the hipster option and used a sassy leaping reindeer with glitter antlers in place of a star. I'm just really urban like that. (That is dripping with sarcasm for those who couldn't tell). Light up twigs and festive scented candles complete my dresser arrangement. 
My favourite part of the christmas decorations. The hessian bunting was £2(ish) from home bargains- also known as my spiritual homeland. I wrapped a sting of plastic leaves that I got from eBay around my fairy lights, they took like 3 months to arrive but I did pay 99p so I can't really expect it to be flown over on a private jet for the next day.  
I hung mine and my sisters stockings either side of the fairy lights and added a cute light up tree to my self, alongside some tartan bird houses and a Harrods bauble from way back in 2008. Vintage. Again, my inner urban showing. Excessive cushions,blankets and teddy bears in Santa hats finished my highly over the too christmas set up. 

I hope my little festive room tour has given a few ideas for decorating for christmas. 
Emma x 




1 comment:

  1. Hiya, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    http://pugfarms.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete