Tuesday 17 February 2015

It's been a while

It's been quite some time time since my last post and as much as it pains me to admit it, it's down to pure laziness opposed to a busy schedule. So, it's now February. I assume everyone has given up on their 'new year new me' vibe and is back to the usual sloth-like ways. I know I have- my New Years resolutions were given up on approximately January 3rd. Dedication is not my strong point. Nevertheless, I've decided to unleash my inner hipster and start some new month resolutions- let's see if they actually happen.

Currently I find myself drowning in half-finished a-level work and I feel like it's time to make some sort of attempt to get my shit together. So the aim is to start actually trying with school, despite the strong urges to run away and join the circus and just be free of a-levels. After coming out with two ds and an E in my mock exams, I think that's a bit more of a push to work hard. Or so I hope, anyways.

My next little 'resolution' if you will, is to look like kim kardashian by the time summer. A tad optimistic, but I'm booked up for a week in Italy with school followed by five nights in Marbella and I won't be able to deal with looking like a whale whilst there. Kim I is the goal, but as I say  ... Optimism.


It's starting to approach exam season- wahoo. Since I'm in my first year of sixth form it's also time to think about universities. Whilst on this thought I suddenly realised I have NOTHING to put on my ucas application. Panic stations. So in the interests of future-me, I've decided to start looking into volunteering in things such as libraries and art galleries. This is easier said than done. You'd think that considering I'm offering unpaid work people would snap my arm off trying to take it. You'd think wrong, I cannot find placements. Ultra panic.


I'm hoping that my little mid-February resolutions will encourage me to seriously get it together, a mid life crisis at 17 is not cool.

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment